Keeping open a request

Lucia117
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Keeping open a request

Hello, 

I was not aware that if a person requests to book then another person could directly book using instant book? I was keeping the place reserved for a guest when somebody else booked, who I then cancelled.  The original guest can now no longer come so I would like to re-book the second person.

I am now reading that I will be charged on my next pay out? I would like to rebook the same person and obviously avoid a charge. 

Can anybody help? 

4 Replies 4
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The only people who can change this is AirBnB, plead ignorance and they may be lenient.

David
C-C0
Level 10
Memphis, TN

You made many critical mistakes here that you should recognize so that you can avoid them in the future.
Delia6
Level 4
Aptos, CA

Hello,
I can make a suggestion in regard to how to manage the reservation next time this happens, only because I have been in the same situation. If! You don't mind if the first guest may not follow through, you can block the nights out, and when they are ready to book you can unblock them. This way you avoid the instant book slipping through. A word to the wise... I have had this happen to me three times in two years and the initial reservation only came through once and the other two did not. So....I won't be doing that any more! There is nothing wrong with just s simple...first come first serve attitude, you would save yourself a lot of hassle.
Airbnb is and shouldn't be responsible for the way you manage your reservations and I completely disagree with the previous comment, plead ignorance. Seriously, wrong.
Delia6
Level 4
Aptos, CA

Hello,
I can make a suggestion in regard to how to manage the reservation next time this happens, only because I have been in the same situation. If! You don't mind if the first guest may not follow through, you can block the nights out, and when they are ready to book you can unblock them. This way you avoid the instant book slipping through. A word to the wise... I have had this happen to me three times in two years and the initial reservation only came through once and the other two did not. So....I won't be doing that any more! There is nothing wrong with just s simple...first come first serve attitude, you would save yourself a lot of hassle.
Airbnb is and shouldn't be responsible for the way you manage your reservations and I completely disagree with the previous comment, plead ignorance. Seriously, wrong.