JUST STARTED IN JANUARY AND I LOVE BEING AN HOST. I WAS VERY BUSY AND LOVED IT .IN APRIL NOTHING.WHY

Answered!

JUST STARTED IN JANUARY AND I LOVE BEING AN HOST. I WAS VERY BUSY AND LOVED IT .IN APRIL NOTHING.WHY

IS IT NORMAL ?

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Even though you have reached the Super Host status, @Nicole647 you are still fairly new to this platform.   Your two private room listings are well priced and you have great reviews.  Still this is a business and hosts need to stay in touch with the market and educate themselves about what will sustain our listings.  

When you first start, you will get a boost in the search from Air BNB to get you started.  After that, it is really up to you to compete with your competition.  Look at your competition, price and amenities, and make adjustments to be more competitive. 

Frankly, your pictures for each listing are not that inviting for a guest looking at both price and value.  Again, look at your competition and see that you need better staged pictures with good lighting.  Fortunately, you have many satisfied guests that might be able to give you some feedback about their booking experience and choices.

Also, what is the seasonality of your location?  Your tourism agency should be able to help you understand who is coming to your area and why.  My location is pretty dead in the summer because I live in a southern CA desert and it gets really hot here in the summer.  Good luck!! 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

hello @Nicole647 ,

It's the nature of the business, you never know when and how much you will be booked.

Keep an eye on your statistics ("progress", section "views") to monitor amount of visitors on your listings.

Also new host are placed more on top on search results, maybe you are now more on a secondary level. (Check it yourself and search for your listing)

Promote your listing on social media by Homepage. and add a nice cover photo.

Hope this helps, Emiel

Thank you Emiel. It sure helps. I am going to have better pictures and any suggestion from you will be very much welcomed.

Nicole.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Even though you have reached the Super Host status, @Nicole647 you are still fairly new to this platform.   Your two private room listings are well priced and you have great reviews.  Still this is a business and hosts need to stay in touch with the market and educate themselves about what will sustain our listings.  

When you first start, you will get a boost in the search from Air BNB to get you started.  After that, it is really up to you to compete with your competition.  Look at your competition, price and amenities, and make adjustments to be more competitive. 

Frankly, your pictures for each listing are not that inviting for a guest looking at both price and value.  Again, look at your competition and see that you need better staged pictures with good lighting.  Fortunately, you have many satisfied guests that might be able to give you some feedback about their booking experience and choices.

Also, what is the seasonality of your location?  Your tourism agency should be able to help you understand who is coming to your area and why.  My location is pretty dead in the summer because I live in a southern CA desert and it gets really hot here in the summer.  Good luck!! 

Thank you Linda.. Your answer helps me a lot. I am going to follow your suggestions.

Nicole.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Same here as @Linda108.  I live in a Mexican touristy beach town, so I have good bookings from mid-Nov thru mid-April and almost none the other half of the year. That works okay for me, as I travel for a month during that period and also use the no guest time to deal with repairs, painting, and generally improving the property. In other host's cases, could be economic factors (folks not having a lot of disposable income or worried about what the stock market is doing, etc.) Not necessarily a problem with the listing, altho we can always tweak things like photos, amenities, and such to see if that helps.

Thank you Sarah. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Nicole.