Is Airbnb under spam attack ?

Answered!
Villa-L-Orange-Bali0
Level 1
Losser, Netherlands

Is Airbnb under spam attack ?

For the past few days I am receiving new instant bookings for the date's of September 28th to October 1st 2016 which they get cancelled and suddenly a new one appears again, all with chinese names and all with a short message such as: "hello", "can I book your property?" etc.

As such, being now September 25th and trying to avoid any kind of issues on the day of September 28th, I am wondering if anybody else is experiecing the same issue ?

With respect and appreciation,

TJ

1 Best Answer

@Villa-L-Orange-Bali0    Yes I have had a few like that, same m.o. different dates. No idea what it is about. But I assume they all lose their Airbnb fee for cancelling so seems odd it would be spam, unless the credit cards are false.  btw: These are not IB, they are Reservations that I need to decline or accept, but they just cancel.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

@Villa-L-Orange-Bali0    Yes I have had a few like that, same m.o. different dates. No idea what it is about. But I assume they all lose their Airbnb fee for cancelling so seems odd it would be spam, unless the credit cards are false.  btw: These are not IB, they are Reservations that I need to decline or accept, but they just cancel.

Hmm, that's interesting. I'm curious what's going to happen because for sure I don't want to disable instant booking ...

Either way it will be a good thing.