Iphone app requires IOS 9. I have IOS 7. How do I get the older app

Jack50
Level 2
Athens, GA

Iphone app requires IOS 9. I have IOS 7. How do I get the older app

The airbnb site detectes my iphone and demands I install their app. I can not because I can not upgrade to IOS 9. What is it in the app that needs IOS 9. Why did Airbnb deliberly make its app incompatible with older IOSs. Why is it so difficult to contact Airbnb about problems and when are they going to dump the poor pitiful excuse they call help and substitute something that actual works. 

5 Replies 5
Christine276
Level 1
Aurora, CO

Why are you unable to update your software? Are you out of storage? Have you tried backing up your information to iTunes and then deleting pictures or apps to free storage? You're missing out on a lot of cool features by having such an outdated software on your device. And calling airbnb will take you close to 30 minutes to speak to someone... I know from experience and wasn't too thrilled about it.

I'm going to guess he has a very old iphone (possibly an iPhone 4?)  thats not supported on later versions of iOS.

To the OP I would bet that its actually Apple that require developers use the latest version of iOS when creating apps.  Otheriwse how is Apple going to make you buy a new phone when your old one still works?

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

My experience is they you need to upgrade your operating system.

David
Marina320
Level 1
Athens, Greece

I have the same problem... Anyone can help finding an older app???

Same here. 

I have an Iphone 4 and can´t upgrade to IOS 9. It´s a pity because I can´t download the airbnb app.