Invoking Airbnb on Resolutions

Sunand0
Level 1
Plano, TX

Invoking Airbnb on Resolutions

My flight got cancelled due to a snowstorm and I had to cancel my reservation the day before. I got a partial refund from the host, but messaged the host asking for a full refund since it was out of my control. It has been over 72 hours and the host has not responded and I am trying to invoke Airbnb to resolve. Is there another way I can contact Airbnb?

5 Replies 5
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

What way have you contacted them so far?

David
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Sunand0

If you cancel a reservation, you will be refunded according to the cancellation policy under which you made the booking.

Your booking confirmation will hold info on how to contact airbnb - you will have to provide proof that flight got cancelled etc.

I am not sure they can do anything on an already cancelled reservation though.

I have proof that my flight got cancelled and sent that to the host. The Airbnb help guides dont seem to help as they say that I have to go to the resolution centre and invoke airbnb from there, but I am not able to. I am also not able to find a contact email.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Sunand0 ,

i think some usefull information is in here:

What if I need to cancel because of an emergency or unavoidable circumstance?

And for contact information maybe this helps:

Contact Airbnb - A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

best regards, Emiel

@Sunand0  The initial refund is automatic, when you cancel, based on the host's refund policy.   You need to send  documentation to Airbnb  (not to the host)  to file an  extenuating circumstances claim.  btw:  The host does not get paid until a few days or more after your check-in date.