Instant booking received but guests have not provided any details and have not replied to messages.

Instant booking received but guests have not provided any details and have not replied to messages.

Instant booking guests are new to aibnb, have not replied to my messages of requests to provide appropriate ID and details on arrival and departure times.

3 Replies 3
Ernie0
Level 10
San Francisco, CA

Hi Tony & Tanya,

Call Airbnb immediately and ask them to reach out to the guests on your behalf. Ask Airbnb to inform the guest that you'd like to communicate with them and to please respond to any communications that you may have sent. Please be absolutely certain to Give the guests a review that indicates their complete lack of responsiveness. 

Hope that helps, 
Ernie Thayer

Joseph0
Level 5
San Francisco, CA

According to Airbnb Rules , only Guests that have fully verified ID's and Face photos should be able to book , especially by insta book 

I would call Airbnb directly and ask them to verify that this is a legitimate Booking , as some new guests might think that if they make a booking they are not obligated to take it or even pay for it , so they might even try to cancel their profile  . Call CX ASAP and demand 

that they either provide the information or that they will have to make good on the guests booking as it violated their own TOS 

You might have to speak with several CX people to get a final resolution so make sure you also communicate using E-mail also .

In the mean time , if the guests show up , ask them to please complete their verifications before you allow them to stay in the rooms booked 

"According to Airbnb Rules , only Guests that have fully verified ID's and Face photos should be able to book , especially by insta book ".

Really !   I just received an instabook.  I do not even use  instabook!  

The guest has only phone and email no verified ID's.

I asked the guest to provide photo ID.  No reply yet but is night time where they are, so will wait ntil tomorrow.

Airbnb tells me that if I cancel the dates they will be blocked and they are slap bang in the middle of an guests earlier  request for 10 days, who I was waiting on a reply from.

How is instabook added to one's account without one choosing it?

I did instabook once and got a scammer, tel number, email fake and credit card denied. I have refused to do it since.