Inappropiate Inquiries

Inappropiate Inquiries

I have had two inquiries in the last two months by different people who just joined Airbnb to make an inquiry if they can come on the property to do some filming. Both have stated that they do not intend to spend the night but just want to film and will pay the Airbnb price. While that may be ingeniuos for them, it is not something I want to deal with and do not think that it falls under the intent of Airbnb. I would like to know how to have those inquiries removed. Should I be flagging something like this? .

3 Replies 3
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Wendel-and-Patsy0 Well, you don't necessarily need to flag them, unless it's the same person bugging you. I have a friend who is a photographer and, coincidentally, an Airbnb host.  Her advice is to charge way more than the nightly fee for this type of inquiry and discourages hosts from agreeing to photo shoots as they involve lots of people, equipment and most of the time  they want to rearrange everything in your listing. You can respond with a polite "thanks but no thanks" and then Dismiss the conversation.  That's it!

Thanks for the input. Your suggestion of declining politely is exactly what I have done. Interesting idea to charge more!

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Wendel-and-Patsy0 Well, you don't necessarily need to flag them, unless it's the same person bugging you. I have a friend who is a photographer and, coincidentally, an Airbnb host.  Her advice is to charge way more than the nightly fee for this type of inquiry if that's what you want to do. Generally she discourages hosts from agreeing to photo shoots as they involve lots of people, equipment and most of the time  they want to rearrange everything in your listing. You can respond with a polite "thanks but no thanks" and then Dismiss the conversation.  That's it!

On the other hand, I know a host in the DC area that has allowed filming in his listing for House of Cards and it was quite lucrative.  Unless it was a nationally known film company willing to sign a comprehensive contract, my advice would be not to do it.