Inability to reply to inquiries via cell phone

Suzanne74
Level 1
Lovettsville, VA

Inability to reply to inquiries via cell phone

Can anyone help me figure out why I cannot reply to Airbnb guest inquiries and bookings via my cell phone?  I was able to do this before, but recently when I attempt to reply, the following message is sent:  "Unfortunately, we could not process your response because your number is registered to many accounts."  I only have one account and one contact number.

Any suggestions? 

Thanks,

Suzanne

3 Replies 3
Jillie1
Level 10
Harrogate, United Kingdom

Hi Suzanne - when I first started doing AirBnB 7 months ago I used to get notifications on my mobile re. guest enquiries but this now no longer happens.  It was very helpful as it alerted me of any potential bookings.  Now I have to continually check the AirBnB website to check for enquiries and when you're out and about it's not always easy to access a computer.   

I'm wondering if there are any more experienced users who could shed some light on why this has changed?

Best wishes,

Jillie

I believe the option is in the "notifications" setting on the iPhone- maybe the same place on a android

Paige9
Level 2
Boston, MA

Yes you can change it in your setting from the computer site. Also always recommend using the app and Airbnb messenger as well and never texting actual phone numbers , anyone can pretend it's their reservation and it happens!