IMPORTANT: New Changes to Claiming Security Deposits?

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

IMPORTANT: New Changes to Claiming Security Deposits?

Hi

Has anyone noticed that the help article on security deposits has changed to "within 14 days of the checkout date or before a new guest checks in, whichever is earlier"?

But on this help article, it still says 48 hours:

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

6 Replies 6
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hmmmm, interesting and a good change I think.   I wonder if you sent a message to Air BNB about the discrepancy if they would fix it.  I have had good luck with the Twitter method.  Thanks for being on top of things!

Maya17
Level 4
Basel, Switzerland

If it were "before the new guest checks in " it would mean a window of just a few hours if the arrival of new guests happens on the same day as the departure of the guests who caused the damage. Not good at all!!

Yes, had already done that @Maya17 and they are letting the correct team know about it.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

I phoned CS and finally got a clarification from Airbnb:

" Bonjour Olivier,

Thank you for reaching Airbnb and also for bringing this concern to us. My apology for the misinformation for security deposit. This is Chrissie once again from Airbnb Customer Experience Team.

Just to recap of what you have called in you are clarifying in regards to policy for the security deposit as you also mention on Help Center it says that it is 14 days of the checkout date or before new guest checks in. Further checking our policy for Security Deposit stays the same that is you have 48 hours from your guest's check out date to make a claim on your security deposit.

For most reservations, 48 hours is enough time to allow hosts time to check their space before new guests arrive, and to help assure guests that any claims will be made in a timely manner.If more than 48 hours has passed, you can still request reimbursement from your guest through the Resolution Center. To open a Resolution Center request, visit: www.airbnb.com/resolutions/new ."
James1
Level 10
SF, CA

This won't fix anything. Now instead of having 48 hours you may have only 3 hours till the next guest checks in! 

Greg79
Level 2
Zakopane, Poland

I'm completly lost with new chages. Worked so well and not is the worst system.