I want to rent out two rooms sometimes, and sometime the whole house

Penny85
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

I want to rent out two rooms sometimes, and sometime the whole house

Hi.  I am in Wellington, New Zealand and I want to put two rooms on Air BnB regularly, but as I am often away travelling, I sometime want to put the whole house on Air BnB. Obviously the rates will be different.  How do I cope with this on the website?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Penny

8 Replies 8

@Penny85 - you need to set up listings for each of the rooms and then the whole house, blocking the calendars appropriately for when you want to let just the rooms and when you want to let the whole house.  

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/289/how-do-i-list-multiple-rooms

Now why didn't I think of that???

Thanks so much

Penny

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You can have a separate listing for your whole house, @Penny85.  You can also sync the calendars so you don't have a single private room interfer with booking the whole house.  Make sense?

Penny85
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

Now why didn't I think of that???

Thanks so much

Penny

Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

@Penny85 If you are using the instant booking setting for your individual rooms, I would suggest not using this when advertising the whole house.  

I do something similar and it stops any errors of overbooking if the calendar syncing doesn't work.

Penny85
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

Yes that's a good point too, thanks.  Actually I am reluctant to use instant booking as this is the first time I have put my house on Air BnB, and it seems to introduce more pressure on me...do you think you get more bookings through instant booking?

Penny

Munya0
Level 2
Arlington, VA

The best would be , you need to sing up with Property Management channels, if you like, we can help you out. The system will reply most of the correspondance. On the price, it should also be updated few times a day manually, so you stay on the top on SEO . 

Thanks

Penny85
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

Thanks - what's SEO?