I need to contact airbnb- Guest wants to amend incorrect review

Emily162
Level 1
Gold Coast, Australia

I need to contact airbnb- Guest wants to amend incorrect review

One of our guests just contacted me and explained that they incorrectly left a low review instead of a high rating. this was done by error and they are wanting to reverse this. Is this possible to reverse their score rating?

3 Replies 3
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Emily162

Hi Emily....well I learn something new every day. I did not think it was possible for a host or a guest to edit a review once it had been posted but, I am wrong.....not the first time in my life I have been wrong mind you!!!

Check this out....it's from the official Airbnb hosting rules!!.....

Editing reviews.png

So there you go! get onto the guest and tell them what to do.

Now I gather from this that if both reviews have been posted no editing can be done but hopefully they got to you before you posted your review. And if both reviews have been posted get the guest to call ABB on 02 8520 3333 and see if they can make some sort of alteration! If it's a mistake on the guests part and they call, ABB might be more sympathetic.

Good luck Emily....you have too good a reviews to have one particular star rating crucify you.......

Cheers.....Rob

Jimmy73
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

@Robin0

I've had the same issue where a guest gave me 5 stars for everything but mistakenly a 4 star for the overall rating.

I haven't had great experience with Airbnb support when asking about a claim (a previous guest damaged quite a few things in my apartment...but that's another long story).

So, I'm not optimistic that the guest can change their star rating (the guest agreed that the overall rating was incorrect).

Would you know who we in South Africa could contact at Airbnb?

Thanks, Jimmy

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jimmy73  

Jimmy I am sorry yoiu have struck a difficult guests or two. Mine haven't come yet but, l know they must be lurking there over the horizon somewhere!!

At this point there is not a local South African phone contact number available and you best methods for contact are via this link

https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us

or many users say they get the speediest response by using the Twitter link

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjOks_A_...

I am turning in for the day but I will come back here tomorrow Jimmy, there is a bit more to add to this.

Cheers........Rob