I made a false assumption about something I thought a guest had done and put it in a review.

I made a false assumption about something I thought a guest had done and put it in a review.

I thought my guest had thrown out a plant in our Air BnB, but my wife had without telling me until after I'd written in my review of the guest that they had thrown out a plant.  I feel terrible and want to see if there is any way, under the circumstances, that Air BnB could allow me to pull that information out of the review.  I don't want to adversly affect the guest for their next rental and other than the plant, I thought they were great.  Please help me, as of course it is nearly impossible to contact Air BnB corporate. 

Much Appreciated.

Peter B

3 Replies 3
Penelope10
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

You can even reply to your own review about the review or reply on the guest review. That should work.

I get an email when it's time to review guests. In the past, I've forgotten that I already wrote their review. So, when I opened the link from my email, all my responses appeared and I was able to rephrase / re submit the review. Mayr this could help you? 🙂
Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

Since the response window has passed I would recommend contacting Airbnb they should be able help you get the review removed.

“Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide - Airbnb Community”

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ