I'm Getting Really Annoyed by Airbnb Constantly Messing With The Website

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

I'm Getting Really Annoyed by Airbnb Constantly Messing With The Website

I have just done a search on Airbnb looking for a listing to help with a question in the Community Centre. What I have seen is that Airbnb have again messed with the platform and now the title of the listing is not displayed nor is the image and name of the host, just the price.

Why do Airbnb do this? They constantly tinker with the platform for no discernible benefit. Why cannot Airbnb use proper project management techniques and test things with users properly on a development environment instead of the live site, announcing it advance and letting users know what they are doing and then feeding back the results before putting changes live? The way they do it at the moment is very amateurish and as a result Airbnb's platform is very flaky which leads to all the problems we see in the CC.  They would argue that they are constantly in beta but that doesn't cut it when the result is always so poor. They pay their CTO about $250K year - for what? It's so frustrating.

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

It has been discussed many times and nobody knows why they do things, make them live without testing and without announcement.

I agree it is not normal, I assume they have a reason, can not work out what it would be.

David

I agree there is something going on with so many constant updates on the Airbnb website.

At the start of 2016 I had a bad review due to the main presentation picture for my place described the surroundings of the area and I was certain that it read 'Cami de Ronda view' instead of 'Balcony View' and I raised the issue with an actual Airbnb developer. They registered my complaint regarding the website changing write up on pictures as I will be misleading potential guests. I review throughout the year that this wasn't happening and my reviews were consistently positives.

Unfortunately the same incident has happened again exactly at the start of 2017 and I am completely simpathetic to the guest as the description is inaccurate. And now I am 100% confident that it's a system issue and I would like some answers as the 1 star rating for unacuracy will be there for the entire year.

I am unable to find out a way to contact someone on Airbnb as the Community centers are based on Discussions Rooms and Forums and feeling powerless.

Can anyone assist?

Main picture with wrong write up.jpg