I have not received all my airbnb requests via sms. So i have lost 3 bookings been penalised. Help!

I have not received all my airbnb requests via sms. So i have lost 3 bookings been penalised. Help!

I have not received all my airbnb requests via sms. So i have lost 3 bookings  been penalised. Help!

3 Replies 3

This seems to be an ongoing problem dating back at least a month. We did not receive an SMS today. Our work-around has been to check our Airbnb inbox every few hours.

One would think that hosts receiving their messages would be a top priority by Airbnb staff, but it has remained an ongoing problem. Try calling Airbnb and talk to them. I'll be happy to vouch that messages are not going through. There are other hosts who have also complained about it on this forum.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Barbara154 @Tim-and-Holly0

you probably have smartphone, so download Airbnb aplication and you will get notifications directly on your phone. You can also set up to receive notification on gmail, and from gmail on your smartphone, so you will always get 2 notification when someone books

@Branka-and-Silvia0-

While you list some good suggestions,

1. Airbnb app- We use two phones to try to insure we do not miss bookings. One is a dumb phone, the other is a smart phone with the Airbnb app. Neither phone receives the notification when Airbnb SMS notifications fail.

2. When I was a new host I had email notifications set up through Gmail. However, Airbnb sends numerous emails in the middle of the night for our time zone. We would NEVER get a full night's sleep. As a matter of fact, your reply to this thread would have woke me up at 2:41 AM.

The point is that numerous hosts are having this problem. Missed notifications occur with iphones, androids, smartphones, dumbphones and even the Airbnb app.

With that said, I do appreciate the time you took to answer because new hosts might not know about all of the ways to receive notifications and that information is very helpful.