I had a guest request a reservation which I confirmed but it canceled. I want to contact them, how?

Ken73
Level 2
Buffalo, NY

I had a guest request a reservation which I confirmed but it canceled. I want to contact them, how?

I had a guest request a reservation which I confirmed but it canceled.  I want to contact them, how?

10 Replies 10
Ken73
Level 2
Buffalo, NY

all i want them to do is too rebook.  They replied to me their credit card was declined for what the card compnay said was fraudulent activity...

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Ken73,

It should be possible to see the messages from the guest in your message history.

Click on "Messages" and then on "Messages" again to see your message history. Find the guest and then click on the message text.

That should show a message box where you can type a message to the guest.

You should also be able to see the guest in your reservations. Click on "Host", then on "Your reservations" and then on "Message history" for the guest in question.

Steve.

I went to 'https://www.airbnb.com/my_reservations' and found the cancelled reservation.  When selecting 'Message History' I get a window with just the site button/link fo rview my calendar and the footer for the site.   I don't see any message history.  The same events happen for a current reservation that is active.

Hello @Ken73,

It's strange that you don't see a send message box when you click on "message history" in your reservations.

I see one as shown in the screenshot below.

I once had a reservation payment denied because my recent credit card transactions triggered the bank's automatic fraud detection software. I had purchased a few items from Amazon & Kindle for 2 to 3 euro each, then bought airline tickets and then wanted to book accommodation on Airbnb. The Airbnb trqansaction was denied. My bank said that that sequence of purchases was common in fraud cases so they denied it and blocked my card. They unblocked it when I assured them that all the transactions were mine.

I have also had guests who had problems with their card when booking but it was sorted in each case when I messaged them and suggested that they contact their bank.

Screenshot (204)_LI.jpg

Steve.

I do not see the same as your screen shot for any mesaage history

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Ken73

Typically someone trying to book with a stolen card. Why would you want those ?

good point....

i am not sure why I am getting a blank page when i try to go to message history....

Ric11
Level 4
Salford, United Kingdom

If they haven't got the money to book then why are you trying to get them to book again? 

If they want to book again then that's up to them, not you surely? 

agreed.    It was a 6 week booking.... worth $$