I don't require a security deposit....but my guest put his knee through the wall....what do I do?

Craig-And-Sha0
Level 1
Missoula, MT

I don't require a security deposit....but my guest put his knee through the wall....what do I do?

My guest was searching for the bathroom and mistakenly chose the exit door and fell down some steps...injuring himself but also put a hole in our wall with his knee. We do not require a security deposit to book our apartment. What should I do?

I guess I can politely ask for money to cover the repair but this has never happened before and I could use some advice.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

You could ask ("send/request money" via the resolution center). I probably would not though, since it was an accident and especially since the guest was injured. What if they request repayment of their medical bills or compensation for their injury? I would chalk it up to cost of doing business.

Compensation for the injury? I know this is a sue happy world BUT...anyway, he was super nice about it and offered to pay for repairs. I realize there is cost in doing business but there is also a cost for being drunk and stupid.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Craig-And-Sha0  I agree with @Lisa723  Let this one go as it could open up a whole can of worms.