How to create a listing

How to create a listing

I am brand new to AirBnB.  I signed up for one purpose ... to create a listing for my Seaside Oregon fractional-share condo unit.  I have a mid-July week that I would like to rent.  My unit, not to brag, is special.   It is in the prestigious Worldmark property "on the prom" in Seaside.  Only a few units in the whole complex face directly to the ocean as mine does.  On top of that, my unit is a top floor corner unit with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, and sleeps 8 people.  How do I list my unit?   I am not interested in "hosting" as Worldmark takes care of everything a guest needs.  

So, can someone help me with my needs?

Thanks.

SAM

8 Replies 8
Elle0
Level 2
Boynton Beach, FL

Sam

is very easy, sign in and follow instructions

@Elle0 wrote:

Sam

is very easy, sign in and follow instructions

@Elle0 -  so glad you've decided to join the forums.  Hope you find being a part of the community fulfilling and worthwhile.  It looks like you are new here - so I hope you will be respectful of all the posters.  Sorry to see that you will be losing your Superhost status.  

@Sam192 - for 50% of the listing income, I'd be happy to put your listing together and get you a booking for your property.  PM me.  

Elle0
Level 2
Boynton Beach, FL

Go on You Tube

and write HOW TO SIGN UP TO AIRBNB

Sam, please make sure that your property meets the Terms of Service of Airbnb.  Time-shares are typically allowed under certain circumstances, so you need to read all the fine print to make sure you meet their criteria.  Based on your limited description, it does sound like you may qualify, but the devil's in the details.  Here's some new host advice: 

1. Complete the tutorials herehttps://www.airbnb-toolkits.com/my_toolkits

2. Read all the big topics here: https://www.airbnb.com/help

How does Airbnb handle security deposits? How do I cancel my reservation? I Still Need Help

3. Join the Community Forums and read as much as you can, specifically regarding bookings, cancellations, and getting paid: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/New-Hosts/What-tips-would-you-give-to-a-new-host/m-p/215615/highligh...

4. Bookmark this: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M2339...

5. Then take a mental inventory of your own personality and determine if you actually can handle people in your space, touching and ruining your things without being sorry (because it will happen) and how you will resolve conflict as it arises in your dealings with guests. It's different dealing with "guest-pectations" and people on vacation than it is with renters.  If you book through Airbnb, you are ultimately the "host" even if another company does the work.   Reviews will be posted to your profile and you will be responsible for all facets of getting the reservation completed and the guest's issues resolved.  Booking throuhg Airbnb is not "hand's off" since your name is on the listing - you are responsible.  

Do the above before you even think about pushing "post" on your listing.  

Then get ready for fun, exciting and amazing people to enter your life and touch you in ways that would never have been possible had you not chosen to open your heart, head and home to the possibility of new encounters.  

Good luck. 

Alice & Jeff 

Jayesh0
Level 10
Urangan, Australia

@Sam192

I would check with the complex management to see if they already have an online booking system in place for other condo owners.  They would likely be happy to list for you and manage the collection of payment, vetting the guests, etc.  

I would think they would be more accountable in looking after the guests and your property if they have a share in the profit of that booking.  They are onsite and they will be the hosts so it just makes sense with a valuable property to see if there is a trusted system already in place that you can use.

Some of these complexes also don't like it when you book through an outside agent and may restrict access to their front desk services and luggage storage for example.  Often time, companies pay for the management rights and profit share in these big complexes.  When they do not get a booking fee they may not be as amenable as you think.

Lisa

@Sam192

And a quick PS - don't forget to take out holiday rental insurance if you list with Airbnb or find out if the management company can piggy back you on their policy.

Lisa