How do I contact Airbnb?

Ronald24
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

How do I contact Airbnb?

Hi, I am new at hosting and AIRBNB. I have tried for the last week to find a contact number to call directly. Does this company has a contact number ?. Have you ever tried calling them ? . And last but not least, How do they get paid ?, or make money from guess/host ?

2 Replies 2
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi  @Ronald24, when a guest's reservation is confirmed, the guest pays the entire cost of the reservation to Airbnb for stays less than 28 days.  Airbnb holds onto the payment until 24 hours after the check in time on your listing.  If no problems are reported during those 24 hours, Airbnb will release the payment to your payout preference.  Depending on the type of account you have set up to receive your payouts, it could take 3 to 5 days for the payment to reach your account. 

For stays longer than 28 days, Airbnb collects the first month's rent from the guest when the reservation is confirmed.  The remaining nights are charged to the guest's payment method in installments. 

Here's a link that explains this: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/92/when-am-i-charged-for-a-reservation

Airbnb makes its money by charging the guest a service fee which can range, depending on the cost of the reservation, between 6% and 12%.  The higher the cost, the less Airbnb charges the guest. 

Hosts also pay Airbnb 3% of the cost of the reservation which is automatically deducted from the host's payout amount. 

I hope this helps! 🙂

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ronald24,

Welcome to the Community Center! @Clare0 has given you a great explanation of how the payment process works, in terms of contacting Airbnb, this Community Help Guide explains the best ways to get in touch with them (including numbers).

Kirstie