How do I attract more guest on Airbnb?

Nguyen-Thi0
Level 1
Phan Thiet, Vietnam

How do I attract more guest on Airbnb?

Hi everyone,

I'm a new host on Airbnb. I having 10 listing from now and got some bookings 3 weeks ago 

1 week ago I cancelled a booking of guest. However I called him before to explain for my reason and he agreed. I also refund his payment 

But from this case, I did not receive any booking and I feel that the guests can not find out my listings on Airbnb 

How can I resolve this problem? 

Thank you so much for an advise from you, the Host

Best regards,

6 Replies 6

@Nguyen-Thi0 it does not matter much if the guest agreed to the cancellation.

It does not matter that you refunded the guest.

You still cancelled a reservation *one day* before the guest was supposed to check in.

I don't even know what it is supposed to mean "the guest agreed." Did they have a choice?

Was the guest the one who originally wanted to cancel the reservation? Probably not. If the guest wanted to cancel, the guest would have cancelled.

(I notice you did not mention that you also cancelled someone else's reservation *two days* before check in, and that cancellation did not say that the "guest agreed".)

When a guest looks at your profile, they will see that you are happy to cancel reservations at the very last moment, and that you have cancelled more than once.

This alone would make me not want to book any of your listings.

I have no advice for you to attract more guests. I honestly think guests would be better off booking somewhere else. Then they at least have some assurance their travel plans won't be cancelled at the last moment.

Hi @Matthew0,

About the reason that made me cancel guest reservation is that day my listings was fulled but my staff fogot to close room. I didn't and never want to cancel any reservation of guest who would stay at my listings. this was unintended

Thank you for let me know your opinion so much

@Nguyen-Thi0 it is good that it was unintentional.

It still would make guests worry; if the mistake happened once, it could happen again.

Have you fixed the problem that caused the mistake?

And why did the other cancellation happen?

Hi @Matthew0,
I understand your meaning and thank you so much for mention me. May it's the first time I run my business on Airbnb so I need to learn more from the Hosts. The problem may began from my management way cause my staff couldn't cover all the Listings.
In the future I will spend commitment  on Airbnb to ignore overbook
If you have advises for me please let me know because it's very importance
Thank you from my heart
Tien Nguyen

@Nguyen-Thi0 that is great that you are working to avoid those problems in the future.

I know you don't want them to happen, and that you want your guests to have a good stay.

You might want to explain somewhere that you have fixed the problem that caused the cancellations. It is really a big deal to a lot of guests. As you get more guests to stay and give you good reviews, the cancellation review will be pushed down the list and not be very visible.

And try not to cancel any more, please!

Hi @Matthew0,
I noted your advice with many thanks
Wishes you all the best and your business always running well
My sincerely,