How can I block a guest from booking with me again?

Christine--Sea-Lion-Prop0
Level 4
California, United States

How can I block a guest from booking with me again?

I had problems with a recent guest's group and do not want them to be able to book our home again.  I have "instant book" turned on, which has generally worked well for me.  I don't want this particular guest to be able to book again, but I don't want to turn "instant book" off for everyone else.

Is there a way of blocking or preventing a certain Airbnb guest from booking my place again?

Thanks, Christine

88 Replies 88

Hi @Christine--Sea-Lion-Prop0,

You have an option to cancel upto 3 IB's free of a penalty, so by the rarest chance, if he books again, you can cancel it. I doubt he's going to book again after you cancel it.

Good day,

Jeet 🙂

Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

There's no way to block a particular user, but you might send that to Airbnb as a feature to add.

Do you have the "Recommended by other Airbnb hosts" checked in your IB settings? Give them a thumbs down in your review - they *shouldn't* be able to book if they have a negative overall rating from hosts.

If they are able to, then please let us know that the "recommended by other Airbnb hosts" checkbox is worthless!

If you report them you have the option to then block them.

how do you block them after you report them

Angelo41
Level 3
Birmingham, United Kingdom

I have excatly the same situation.  How can I block a particular guest from booking?

This definitely needs to be an option!

Please add this option!!!!

I agree currently having the same issue!

Yes, they really should have this option. I too have experienced bad guests.

Pui1
Level 4
Los Altos, CA

Please add this option to block specific users from instant booking.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Christine--Sea-Lion-Prop0

No, you can't. But you can now cancel any IB guest that you are "uncomfortable" with. I'd just call CS to have them do it for you to be sure you aren't penalized 

Julian51
Level 6
San Francisco, CA

I adore almost every guest.  But in some very rare cases, there are guests who I would not want returning.  In these cases, everybody is better off if I can make it so that they can't book my place again.  I shouldn't have to use up one of my 3 cancelations per year for this.  Since this feature doesn't exist yet, I'm about to message a guest and ask that they not book with me again.  They will abide by my request, but their feeling will be unnecessarily hurt.  It would be much nicer for everybody if I could simply turn off that persons ability to book with me again.

Yes absoluetly

@David2673  Just an FYI if your review gives the guest 3 *'s or less he can not book with you again. Also you can anonymously flag/report the guest with the same  result.