How can I avoid booking requests which don't start on a saturday as this is my changeover day?

Lyndsay2
Level 1
Bristol, United Kingdom

How can I avoid booking requests which don't start on a saturday as this is my changeover day?

I have just gone live on Air BnB but don't want to get booking requests that start on any other day than a saturday as that is when the lovely person who helps us can do the clean and chageover. How do I  do this. I have put on House Rules that the changeover day is a saturady but not sure travellers alwasy look at this and don't want to get penalised if I have to turn down a request because of this. Any help appreciated.

1 Reply 1
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Lyndsay2,

One option would be to use the "Check-in day" setting and set it to Saturday.

You have a 7 night minimum stay. With the check-in day set to Saturday, as above, guests can check in only on Saturday but they could, for example, check out on the following Monday week. That is an 8 night stay, leaving you with no one staying on the Monday to Friday nights.

If this OK with you you can set the check-in day as follows.

1) go to your calendar

2) click on "Availability settings"

3) scroll down to the "Trip length" section and click on its "Edit button"

4) click on "Add a requirement for seasons or weekends"

5) click in the "During" box and then on "Specific dates"

6) add a start date and end date for when you want Saturday only check-ins by clicking on DD-MM-YYYY

you can set the end date to be months or years in advance but remember to change it when that date arrives

7) set the minimum nights stay to 7

😎 set the check-in day to Saturday.

9) click on "Save" and then on "Save" again

Steve.