Hosts losing even more tools?!?

BenkaandKeith0
Level 10
United States

Hosts losing even more tools?!?

We monitor our site reguarly & see Airbnb has taken away ANOTHER guest tool. Now we have lost the ability to see the individual star ratings from each guest. All we can see is the overall star rating on our dashboard. Why did we lose the option of seeing how many stars our guests left us in each category? Why does Airbnb continue to restrict the information available to hosts?

We also used to be able to see the number of searches per date for our property. That disappearaed some time in the past. Constant inquiry to AIrbnb's Customer Service produced NO answers or results.

They claim they base their changes on the feedback they receive. Why do we never hear back from them?

9 Replies 9
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@BenkaandKeith0 No one knows...they constantly tinker around with the site and not even the support teams know that elements are removed, added, moved. So there is no governance over the changes implemented, and worse, no one tells the hosts what is happening.

Richard1
Level 7
Lenox, MA

AirBnB has moved most of this information to their Stats page.

https://www.airbnb.com/stats

You Richard obviously do not follow stats every day as we do. Hence, all the insight into the detailed reviews were removed this past week. No one can see what rating you got for chek-in, value, lovacion, etc... Noone. Not even Airbnb reps.

Lyn-and-Gavin0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

I agree completely - Apparently the only way to get airbnb to take on board our (hosts) feedback is to post your comments on Hosts Voice ( this is in the drop down box) if you hover over the Discuss button on the top of the page.

I have posted feedback  there and asked them to re-instate the review stats.

If enough of us - make posts - maybe they will listen.

Best Lyn

Brian73
Level 2
Liverpool, United Kingdom

The stats are there and can be viewed by section on a fixed computer but not on ipad or mobile device just a summary

You are wrong Brian. Since this last week there is NOTHING in stats. Only the number of stars that your guest gave you. How they rated your location, communication, etc.... we better start sniffing. Or will never have a clue. But Airbnb will expect you to improve your services. Ha, ha, good luck with that if they hide from you what you should improve. AIRBNB IS LOOSING ITS COMMON SENCE AND AWARNES THAT THEY ARE BECOMEING JUST ANOTHER LOUSY HOSTING SITE WITHOUT DEEP AND DEEDICATED INVOLVEMENT OF THEIR HOSTS.

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@BenkaandKeith0 Two comments:

I noticed this change a day or two ago, and it annoys me, too. However, if one keeps guest-by-guest records of what the new presentation says (stuff like "Your last 70 ratings were 5 stars!" for category X), then one can still have a pretty good idea of what rating the last guest gave you in each category. Not as easily as before but it's still useful feedback. I also want to point out, in defense of people who might not be seeing the new presentation yet, that AirbnB has a habit of rolling changes out to different areas over time. So someone disputing you strongly today might still see the old stats in their listing.

Things #2: As someone else said, changes are made within AirBnB without all parts of AirBnB even being made aware of the changes. I have, uhhh... access to certain info, and AirBnB's coding/design/UX, etc employees basically work like they're in the Wild Wild West, with lots of individual leeway. Different groups and individuals make changes willy-nilly all the time. Thinking that there's an overall plan within AirBnB development, or that there's a normal chain of command, couldn't be further from the truth. We've just got to roll with the punches...

Hi Dede and yes, we agree with you. What you described was the access to the ratings that is all and completely gone by now. All you can see as a host is the number of the stars you got. Bingo. Definitely not enough even for a magition to make sence out of it all as stands at the moment.

BTW, what all of you think about the perfect tool taken away from us a year ago: the bars that indicated how many people searched for our properties. Two years ago we saw the thats also for the futture (for instance, if I had many people of looking at the certain day in the future and no booking that follow, it was obviously something was wrong, most probably with my settings, demands or my price. So, it was easy to adjust the future. As for now, all we can see is the number of views/requests/bookings for the past. How the  heck is that supposed to help us? Yes, once a year, when we want to do a complete stats for the year and compare it to the previous years.

And another brilliant one, since last week, your Superhost status no longer depends on you. But gues what? TO your guests. If 50% of them donćt leave the review, you are out of lucka dn out of your superhost status. Idiotic on a grand scale, since more and more people, primerily young guests simply donćt bother to leave a revie. It is every year worst and very obvios that with the increasing number of guests we host greater number of those who still do not grasp of the entire concept of Airbnb. We have been pointing out to Airbnb at least on 20 occasions to do something to stimulate the guests. Maybe with a Super Guest status? Or a couple of bucks, as they are wasting quite a sumes of money on us to recrute new hosts... Addition of new Review Rate under the Superhost status is just snother super bizare change Airbnb implemented last week. Is it possible the people at the company supper some new virus of ignorance, high level of removenes from the reality or any other simmilar sicknes?

Maybe we should just quit taking all those punches and let them run this hosting site with no hosts...

@BenkaandKeith0

Glad you're pulling no punches, telling it like it is.

Last week, I could send you a message sirectly in this community, but today, that option is not visible.

Reachout to me at 'AcademicPressJapan' on the form, and I'll take notes on all you want to dictate on what's wrong and the ways it ought to be. Seriously. 

Dunny