Hosts - Can you check something for me? It seems the Google browser is messing with our listings!

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Hosts - Can you check something for me? It seems the Google browser is messing with our listings!

Hi Everyone,

I was searching on some newly listed properties in my area and wanted to see what they are charging during the 'high season'. When I went into the calendar to put in 'check in' and 'check out' dates as if I were a guest (after clicking the red 'Book' tab), the calendar began to do very weird things - It would at first make it look like every day was blocked for the entire month, and then the calendar just turned into a blank white box. I looked at my own listing - Same thing. I looked at several more listings all over my town - Same thing. I cleared my cookies, my browser, etc....Same thing. I tried my desktop. Same thing. I tried my phone. Same thing. HOWEVER: When I switched to Internet Explorer, the calendar reads fine, no issues at all. When I used the DuckDuck GoGo browser on my phone, the calendar reads fine. So it seems to be happening with only Google. 

If any of you have time, can you get onto Chrome (Google browser) and go into a listing as if you were going to book, then click on the check-in date button, and see what happens with the calendar? Go to June, July, August, September (etc) as well. Some months appeared normally, but most did not. The month looks faints and the days are all blocked out and then it turns all white. I'm curious to know if you are also experiencing a problem.

Since many of our guests use Chrome to book our listings, I would like to know if this is a serious glitch Airbnb needs to be aware of, or perhaps I have just entered some sort of Twilight Zone, and it is only happening to me.

UPDATE: Well, after writing the above, I signed into my Airbnb account on my Chrome Book and the entire home page is WHITE (blank) except for the tabs at the top (Host, Messages, etc) and my profile pic. I had to go to my desktop and use Internet Explorer to access my account. So something is going on, and it is not my cookies or browser. Anyone else having an issue?

4 Replies 4
Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Rebecca181 Do you have varying minimum length of stays/ When I go to your calendar  (I use Chrome) it changes dates I can pick to check out on based on the start date. Airbnb seem to have tried to be "clever" by showing dates in white when you can't check out (as it doesn't meet minimum period requirements). If this is the case for you then it is as it is - just confusing and makes people think it's not available. If that's not your problem then I'm not sure what is as it is working fine (albeit a rather confusing calendar) from here!!!

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Gillian19 Thanks so much for taking a look. No, the issue you refer to is one that has vexed me since I've been here, and which I have beseeched Airbnb to fix. Whenever you have a 2 + night minimum, Airbnb blocks the days out so they look unavailable. Which explains why my 3-day minimum holiday weekends were not being booked. I had to delete those minimum stays and cross my fingers I wouldn't get a one night booking in the middle of the weekend. But that's a different story.

What I saw tonight I have never seen before. The entire month on the calendar just went completely white. No way to see dates at all, and no way to book. Very concerning. Hence my post here, to see if anyone else was experiencing this when using a Chrome browser. 

I do have a 2 night minimum stay during the high season. The rest of the time I accept one night stays. 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

Yesterday I got the orange notice circle upper right hand corner on my Chrome google that an Update is now Avaliable. Maybe they have some bugs. 

Ah, I did not get that notice, but I will see if there is an available update. Not sure how that works on Chromebook. Thanks, @Letti0!