Host wants me to remake a booking

Answered!
Pavel67
Level 1
Taganrog, Russia

Host wants me to remake a booking

Hi everyone,

I've got a question. I've recently booked an apartment in Hamburg for several days. I still have like 3 days before moving in. A couple of days later I was contacted by the host. He asked me to book the same apartment which he listed from another account. The price is almost the same, the link to his new account leads to genuine airbnb site (the address is airbnb.de and I can see all my previous communications there). But, well, something still bothers me 🙂 Is there anything I could be aware of?

Thank you for your time!

1 Best Answer
Kathie21
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Well if you book again Airbnb will charge you again, and if you cancel your first booking you wiĺl lose the service fee.  I don't know why your host has created another account (does he have some bad reviews?), but it's against Airbnb's rules to have more than one.  Either refuse, or insist that he cancels your booking before you re-book (or find somewhere else!)

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Kathie21
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Well if you book again Airbnb will charge you again, and if you cancel your first booking you wiĺl lose the service fee.  I don't know why your host has created another account (does he have some bad reviews?), but it's against Airbnb's rules to have more than one.  Either refuse, or insist that he cancels your booking before you re-book (or find somewhere else!)

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Like @Kathie21 said.

Buyer beware!

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi@Pavel

As Kathie and Gordon suggest this is a situation you must be wary of.

I suggest phoning air bnb ASAP and speak to them,explain your situation and tell air bnb to communicate directly with the host on your behalf so that YOU do not suffer financial penalties and that you HAVE accommodation on the days you have booked

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Pavel67,

Welcome!

I was wondering if you've seen the helpful replies to your question? It'd be great if you could let us know the outcome. 

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen