Host asking for Contract/Deposit after booking

Mike620
Level 1
Rocky Mountain House, Canada

Host asking for Contract/Deposit after booking

I recently booked a place for a fishing trip with some freinds. The listing was IB and the communication with the host was quick and precise.

After confirming booking the host has now asked for a EMT or Credit card damage deposit to be paid one week prior to stay, I delcined as this is breach of the terms and service, host has since said we could go through airbnb for the deposit ( I thought it already was???)

secondly, host has asked me to sign a rules and regulations contract that has some pretty bizzare stuff in it.... wear shoes in the house $300 off deposit, noise complaint from a Neighbour $500 off deposit for each complaint. There was no mention of a contract in the listing or in any of the messages after I booked ( host requested it today is the 3rd day since I booked) Some of the rules are breifly covered in the listing but no penalties are listed not explained to the extent they are in the contract.

Im scared to cancel and I wont get all my money back and this was a pricey booking... what can I do here? please and thank you

1 Reply 1
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Contact ABB and they will cancel and refund you in full.

David