Horrible quests

Elzain0
Level 2
Saint Helena Bay, South Africa

Horrible quests

Canb someone please advice. I had guests that booked in just before easter that did not do research about the area or the town my guest house is based in and had issues with the town before even checking into the property. Since they checked in the started looking for issues with the house to be able to get their refund to leave. We accommodated as much as possible and then some just to get a call stating that they area leaving. When getting to the property my guest house was trashed by what can only look like people going out of their way for the property to look messy and unlivable. I tried to contact airbnb to log an complaint but could not pick up the guests reservation on their to get hold of the complaints department. Now the guest has written an review and would like to know what i can do for that not to go live as i am very well aware before even leaving them their own review that the rating is going to scary and will do alot of damage to my ratings. 

PLEASE HELP! I have worked very hard to make sure my property and services are to the highest of levels and can not afford this to be left here. 

4 Replies 4

Don’t worry about what rhey might write about you. Your good history as a host, as well as your rating them, will be enough to counterbalance whatever they will say, just make sure that someone will edit your response so it could be understood properly.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

You might not believe it @Elzain0, but a single 1 star review does not hurt your bookings if you reply to it professionally. 

Write your review, then pop it on here for a bit of constructive criticism before you post it, also please leave them a negative review and thumbs down.

Elzain0
Level 2
Saint Helena Bay, South Africa

Thank you very much. If i dont leave a review will her review still go live?

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Elzain0,

Yes, it will.

If only one party leaves a review it will appear on the other's profile when the 14 day review period has ended.

As stated by others, you'll have the opportunity to write a response which appears only on your profile. Reply calmly, succinctly. Long, emotionally charged, replies can reflect badly on the host writing them.

Steve.