Guests want to pay for just half of their reservation now

Guests want to pay for just half of their reservation now

I'm sorry but I couldn't find another way to initiate a conversation. I have guests that would like to make a reservation for my listing and they are asking if they can pay half plus the deposit now and the remaining half 4 weeks prior to the reserved dates. Is this possible? Or do the guests have to pay in full upon reserving dates?

2 Replies 2
Rebecca190
Level 2
Union City, NJ

That's not up to you. Airbnb handles payments. Usually when people try to do a deal like that, it's considered a scam or a red flag. Is it an unusually long booking? 

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Lindy10,

As @Rebecca190 suggests, Airbnb handles the payments - guests are charged for the entire reservation when they book (unless it's for a long-term reservation). This Help Guide explains how the process works.

Just to let you know, I have moved your post and response here to a new thread so that it doesn't get lost in another discussion and it is easier to find. I have also given it a title, please let me know if you want to change it! 

As you said you weren't sure how to start a new thread - I would recommend looking at 'How to start a conversation: a CC Tutorial' for any future conversations you want to start! You can find all of our CC Tutorials here.

Happy Hosting!

Kirstie