Guests inviting friends over

Patricia116
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

Guests inviting friends over

Hi,

It's the first time I write in this forum.  I have a few questions to ask.  I have stated clearly in my house rules that "only airbnb guests allowed in the suite".   I have had problems with couples living my place in a bad state so have decided to accept only ONE guest at a time.   When a potentiel guests makes a request, I always ask them if they are travelling alone.  When they tell me they might have a friend over, I repeat to them I prefer only one guest at a time.  Is this unreasonable to expect to have only one guest over?  I really prefer no visitors.

Thanks,

Patricia

1 Reply 1
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Patricia116 Our House Rules (which we "force" potential guests to review and agree to before we accept their booking) clearly states that the guest (or guests; we accept 1 or 2 guests) can have no more than 4 visitors at a time and that *all* visitors must depart by 10pm. Any violation of this house rule, or any other house rule, is grounds for eviction per AirBnB's terms.

AirBnB now also requires guests to check off that they agree with all House Rules.

Of course, our apartment is entirely separate from our own living area, so visitors aren't so invasive. If your AirBnB space is inside your own home, you should make the House Rules even more restrictive.