Guests Cancellations

Answered!
Roger17
Level 10
Thomaston, GA

Guests Cancellations

One of my guests has asked if they are penalized in any way if they cancel their reservation after checking in?  I can answer based on my particular flexible cancellation status but they are asking if there might be additional penalties outside of this?  Thanks

1 Best Answer
Marie190
Level 2
Saint Paul, MN

IF you voluntarily give refund, it does not include fees. I had someone who wanted a refund after staying. Read guidelines for disputes. I made reference to guidelines: they stayed, I made reasonable alternative accommodation, AirBnB recognizes emergencies happen etc. There was no way I wa going to give FULL refund, said so, and agreed I would abide by AirBnB decision. At first I was really mad. Made offer of partial refund, which I thought was unnecessary because I offered better accommodations than on my boat, which was flooded after storms. Much smaller refund was accepted without going to third party. My personal opinion is you accepted their reservation, they came, and you're the one who loses opportunity for income by their change of mind after the fact. Unless it's an emergency, you don't need to take the hit but can make offer of good will. In my experience the partial refund guests were ONLY non-review ones. Go figure b

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Bridget0
Level 10
Redmond, WA

If they cancel, the percentage that was charged as airbnb's fee is not refunded.

Marie190
Level 2
Saint Paul, MN

IF you voluntarily give refund, it does not include fees. I had someone who wanted a refund after staying. Read guidelines for disputes. I made reference to guidelines: they stayed, I made reasonable alternative accommodation, AirBnB recognizes emergencies happen etc. There was no way I wa going to give FULL refund, said so, and agreed I would abide by AirBnB decision. At first I was really mad. Made offer of partial refund, which I thought was unnecessary because I offered better accommodations than on my boat, which was flooded after storms. Much smaller refund was accepted without going to third party. My personal opinion is you accepted their reservation, they came, and you're the one who loses opportunity for income by their change of mind after the fact. Unless it's an emergency, you don't need to take the hit but can make offer of good will. In my experience the partial refund guests were ONLY non-review ones. Go figure b