Guest wants to see my home prior to long term booking, How can I do this?

Cork0
Level 1
Miami, Florida, United States

Guest wants to see my home prior to long term booking, How can I do this?

I have an inquiry from a potential long term guest to see my home tomorrow before booking. Airbnb doesn't seem to allow this, and my attempt to convey this to the guest isn't getting through to them. I don't want to loose this booking, what can I do?

Cork-

4 Replies 4
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Make them book one night so that you can have their contact details, then make a refund.  With a long term tenant it would be better for you to actually meet the person you are letting into your premises.  

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Setting yourself up for a scam if you go outside AirBnB. It's clear that no one would ever use AirBnB for long term rental - they would go to a lettings agency as it is cheaper - so ask yourself why they want to choose a much more expensive route to rent.

Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

What do you mean by long term? Is it more than 28-30 days as most host consider 28 days long term. I have done several and my guest have never asked to see my place prior to their stay, but I am a live in-house host. People only pretend they can't see the quality of your home by your pictures. Don't fall for scammers, anyone can tell you have a very nice listing.
Emily13
Level 2
Alexandria, VA

I often rent long-term and I don't rent to people who want to come see it in person first because:

1. Usually they don't end up booking and just waste time

2. That would inconvenience the guests who are staying and I never go into the apartment while someone is staying there

3. AirBNB recommends you not do it for safety. If they want to see the property first they should go through a rental agency