Guest wants to cancel but cannot work out how to do it

Robin90
Level 3
Cheltenham, United Kingdom

Guest wants to cancel but cannot work out how to do it

I have a guest who has booked for a 3 month stay.   She has now told me, after much discussion, that she wants to cancel the booking.   I am quite happy for her to do this if she does so promptly.  There are still six weeks remaining before she is due to arrive and therefore plenty of time to attract more guests.

However she tells me that the AirBnB site will no longer accept her password and that she can get no response from Air BnB to help her.   I think that she is a relatively inexperienced Internet user.  She says that she is asking her credit card company (Amex) to deal with the issue.

The trouble is that this will all take time.   I would cancel her myself but don't want to incur the penalties including loss of my superhost status.   I can't seem to find any way to talk to anyone in AirBnB for help on this issue.

Anyone have any ideas?  Very grateful for any help on this.

6 Replies 6
Rainey0
Level 2
Colorado, United States

If she can't get into her account, have her call the airbnb phone number. Or, you contact airbnb on her behalf and they'll reach out to her. Whatever you do, do not cancel on your end. If you explain the situation to a live person at airbnb, they'll surely help get it resolved. 

Robin90
Level 3
Cheltenham, United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply Rainey.  Much appreciated.  There does not seem to be any number available to call Air BnB... at least I cannot track it down on the site.  It may be that it is not displayed obviously in order to minimise calls to their CSRs.

Do you have the number?  I would appreciate it if you could share it with me.

Best Regards

Robin

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Use the search function 🙂 - how to contact BNB is a question asked and answered hundreds of times on these forums.

“Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide - Airbnb Community”

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Alex205
Level 2
Boca Raton, FL

HI,

I had the same problem with a guest, all those excuses are her problem let her cancel her reservation, mine wanted a full refund because she had "inform me" Airbnb said not the reposabiility to cancel belongs to guest in this case.  Amex will deny her claim because she still time to do it but does not want to pay Airbnb penalty. Call Airbnb keep them informed.

Good luck

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Her CC Company can not cancel.

Presumably you are aware of the long term cancellation policy.

David