Guest wants to Extent Stay but not through Airbnb

Answered!
Carol304
Level 2
Miami, FL

Guest wants to Extent Stay but not through Airbnb

I had a guess that stayed for seven day. On the 3rd day the guess texted me to extent stay for two more weeks but not through Airbnb.  I was surprised that she didnt want to extent the stay through Airbnb.  The guest says other Airbnb host has done this. Is this what happens?

My guest remain professional throughout the remaing stay. (With the text I sensed angry present because I declined the offer).  

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Do you , want to rent outside Air BNB, @Carol304?  Of course it is your right to rent your space on any or no platform.  I suppose your decision would be based on how important you think Air BNB support is.  That you declined the guest might result in a lowered review, but you will be able to respond.  Also your own review should reflect the guest expectation that you would operate outside Air BNB.

Unfortunately, hosts that act outside the Terms and Agreements with Air BNB, do make it more difficult for hosts that do not.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Do you , want to rent outside Air BNB, @Carol304?  Of course it is your right to rent your space on any or no platform.  I suppose your decision would be based on how important you think Air BNB support is.  That you declined the guest might result in a lowered review, but you will be able to respond.  Also your own review should reflect the guest expectation that you would operate outside Air BNB.

Unfortunately, hosts that act outside the Terms and Agreements with Air BNB, do make it more difficult for hosts that do not.

@Linda0 No I do not want to rent outside of support.  I have declined and I got a not so good review.  My option now is to respond and refute the guest review.

Thanks Linda

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Carol304

Airbnb hosts do sometimes decide to deal with guests directly outside of Airbnb if they have built up a good relationship and the guest wants to book additional time. The risk is of course if something goes wrong you can't benefit from the protection Airbnb offers.

Also I understand in the US you have issues arround guests potentially gaining tenancy rights if they have longer stays.

So I would say your call.

Best Helen

@Helen0yes, that is correct, Florida has that issue.  That was one of my concerns as well as protection in the event something happens.  I am happy with the decision to decline the request. 

Best Regards

Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Carol304 I personally would not want to deal with it outside airbnb especially for such a long stay (2 weeks is long for me). You can always do it if you are used to the process and/or have experience having a *tenant* and have a contract, etc. Just like @Helen3 it is your call at the end of the day.

@Farah1 I am not truly experience with contracts and I am not ready for that kind of commitment.  I am enjoying meeting different fascinating individuals.

I am happy with the decision made not to book without Airbnb. I'll keep the though in mind that it would be my call (I doubt ill change it..)

Best Regards