Guest wanted me to approve his request to leave reservation early, I wanted him to cancel

Rishad1
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Guest wanted me to approve his request to leave reservation early, I wanted him to cancel

Hi there,

I have a guest who managed to make a confirmed reservation without me approving it from my side. No idea how he did this. Can i go ahead and cancel his reservation without any penalty from my end? Thanks, 

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Rishad1,

Your guest made the confirmed reservation without you having to approve it because instant book is enabled on your listing.

Airbnb sets this on by default so you have to turn it off if you don't want it.

To turn it off go to your calendar and then click on the 4 bar icon in the top left beside the listing photo.

Then select "Booking" and turn off instant book there, should you wish.

Airbnb used to allow hosts with instant book turned on to cancel some bookings penalty free but I read on here that that facility seems to have been removed.

The link below is to an article on cancellation penalties.

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/990

You could contact Airbnb and plead your case.

Details on how to contact them can be found on in the "Community Help Guides" post that you'll see if you click on "Get Support" after selecting "Ask the community". that post has many helpful articles including "Contact Airbnb"

Steve.

Steve.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Rishad1  I want to emphasize what good advice @Steve143 has given you.  Do Not Cancel!!  You might snooze your listing until you complete your education as suggested by @Steve143 because learning on the fly can and will cost you money and much heartache.  Good luck with your new business.