Guest reservations

Aristea0
Level 2
Volos, Greece

Guest reservations

My guest tells me that he has confirmed the reservation, the dates in my calendar seemed booked, however in my dashboard airbnb tells me that the guest has cancelled and that the dates are still open. How is that possible. On the other side, the guest messaged me and tells me he has already made the reservation, paid for it and it is confirmed. How can I sort this out. Is there a problem with the airbnb site? Is should be "reservation accepted" but it is "cancelled" .

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Aristea0

Tell your guest that it is showing that that his booking is cancelled on your listing dashboard and that at the moment he has no booking. And therefore your calendar is open for other bookings.

That he needs to give Airbnb a call urgently to resolve. It is not up to you to sort out. This is for the guest to resolve directly with Airbnb.

Either the guest cancelled for some reason or Airbnb cancelled the booking because the payment didn't go through or there was some other issue with the guests profile.

Thank you so much for the reply, I have already told him that, and he says I should clear this out but I will point out to him again that this is something he must check as well. Again thank you!! 

Your responsibility (if there is any to begin with) to the guest is only to INFORM them that from the host's side you only see a cancellation and there is no confirmed booking for that guest. (If possible, send the guest a screen shot as proof.)

Like @Helen3 said, it is the guest's responsibility to contact ABB and sort this out - NOT the host's. Just make sure the guest clearly understands that the host has no authority or access to do anything and also has recieved no money or payment. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Aristea0,

Nice to meet you. 

How did everything go in the end? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hello! i think the problem is sorted. i can see the dates blocked in my calendar, and the correct reservation is confirmed. 

Thank you!