Guest not writing review

Guest not writing review

I had guest with an infant. First I did not want to accept them and declined. They begged me and said they bring their own baby cot etc. So I was willing in, mainly beause I need reviews for my new listing. Now turns out that this guest is not writing reviews. He still has 4 days, but he did not reply since he has checked out. First I wrote them and thanked for leaving everything in good condition and asked if they were satisfied with everything to get a personal feedback. A few days ago I asked directly and said their review would help us to have a good start for our new listing. Now there are only 4 more days left ... still no review. He has in the meantime one review from another host. I checked that host's listings. No reviews from my guest. I understand that there are some travellers who do not want to write reviews, for different reasons: too busy, too lazy, not happy, not want to leave tracks on the internet... what ever. But this is not really how airbnb works, I thought we are a community and we chose guests and listings by reviews.

This happened in 4 years only twice. The first time I wrote the guest a review too early and was left with no review.

Now I learnt at least to not write a review for a guest before the guest writes the review.

What do you think? Should I write a review they were good guest but unfortunately apparently not keen to write reviews... Is there anything else I could do?

Thanks! 

1 Reply 1
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Susan285,

Yes, I believe you should write all your guests reviews no matter good, bad or ugly.  You will have lots of guests who do not write reviews and sorry but this really is how Airbnb works.  The guest will receive reminder emails from Airbnb so it might be best to leave this one alone as they may fire back with a negative review if you contact them again.  I don;t do this but if you are really concered with getting reviews, you could look to see if they booked elsewhere before (like you did afterwards) and that could be your deciding factor on whether or not to accept them.  This would only work for those who have stayed at other listings though.

All the best.  Don't let this bother you @Susan285!

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host