Guest not responding after Approved Request

Villy1
Level 2
Thessaloniki, GR

Guest not responding after Approved Request

Hello again and sorry for the similar post, but it seems that my problem isn't solved yet...Guest (man, 1 person) requested to book my listing 6 days ago. He acompanied his request with a polite message that he signed with another name than the one appearing on his airbnb profile. I texted him through the app 2 times after that, 1 time on his mobile and tried to call him today as well -as he is supposed to arrive tommorow- to check his arrival details, but NO RESPONSE at all.
His profile is empty and has 3 reviews from 2013 all talking probably about a group of people..
As I am living as well in the apartment, the airbnb guarantee doesn't apply to my country and I do not have any other safety measure, I am starting to worry.
I will not be at the apartment in the morning so I need to know his arrival details...
Also, as it is one day before arrival I will have a penalty if I cancel! Is there any guidance for this kind of situations? Do you think it is safe to accept this man if he just appears tommorow at my door?
Thank you..
3 Replies 3
Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

Assuming he actually booked with the Flexible cancellation policy you have you will be ensured to get paid if he does not cancel and get the first night even if he does. 

For the future I would document checkin times that you allow so you have something documented. 

I would proactively reach out to Airbnb and engage thier help in contacting the guest to confirm arrival time. However many peopl who travel internationally don't have international callilng/data plans and are at the mercy of FREE-WIFI. 

Contact Airbnb by Dave & Deb (Updated)

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Hello Andrew and thank you for the reply!
I generally tend to manage the checkin at any time, but at least I have to know his intentions to do it 😕 When I called the phone was ringing and when I messaged him the imessage was delivered.. Any idea how I contact the Airbnb for that? Thank you!
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Villy1

In the few times I didn't have a guest's arrival time yet very shortly beforehand, I messaged them  on the message pages saying that I unfortunately hadn't heard back in answer to my several messages, so I'm sorry if it didn't synch with their own plans but that I really  had to go ahead with my own planning, and that I would be back home to welcome them after Xpm.