Guest name

Paula60
Level 1
Powder Springs, GA

Guest name

I have instant book on and a guest just booked one night but has only listed two initials as their name. Also she appears to be local so I feel kind of uneasy. Is this person trying to scoop out my home?

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Who knows 🙂

Contact her now and ask her to tell you about herself, why she chose your place and plans for her stay.

Also ask her for her full name.

I would make it a condition of IB that guests need to provide you with this information, full name and photo with clear head shot.

If she doesn't provide this information let BNB know that you are uncomfortable with this guest and ask them to cancel the booking.

Not being able to vet guests is why I don't use IB.

Thanks Helen. Will do.

Louise47
Level 10
Maroochydore, Australia

I would be very careful, listen to that little voice in your head. If it does not look right then don't sy yes.

I have a problem with not knowing who the guest is bringing and try to confirm in my first communication. Somethimes, I never receive the answer until I am actually greeting them. I would prefer to welcome each by name which I feel is more professional and warmer. All guest's names should be a reservation requirement.

I also enter their names in the guest book. I have read many host reviews who do not even know or mention the guest's name who made the reservation.

@Sherri1 I would be more persistent in your requests for names in your messages and inform the guest they will not be allowed to check-in until this information is provided ahead of time.  If you are not getting information via Airbnb message, you can also give your guest a call.