Guest completion of verification process

Thomas213
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Guest completion of verification process

I have a guest booked for this tuesday coming 4th april for two nights...I just tried to message them re arrival , helpful trains info ..etc from airport......I couldnt message them...thought I had forgotten to send welcome see you then when they booked a few weeks back.... couldnt find saved message weeks back ..but no ..found the original welcome message email I sent...but could not now  message them....then seen that as i tried to message them from first reply...comes up on airbnb topline " this guest has not completed account verification process"...I have texted them ..but no reply as yet ??..of course now I dont know whether.1/. I have a booking asthe calendar shows.????..or 2/. if they come and stay whether i will get paid.???..or 3/. have i now got abooked out two nights I could have let elsewhere if the booking hadnt stayed in the calendar.....I have texted them and asked if they will complete account verification....

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Thomas213  It is an uncomfortable powerless feeling when there appears to be a glitch in the process and you cannot reach the guest.  I suggest to contact Air BNB directly to see if the messaging is incorrect and all is well or if the guest needs to take steps to finish the verification process.  Ask Air BNB to contact the guest if that is warranted.  You cannot do anything about expediting the verification, but Air BNB can.

Also, I noticed you have a auto cancellation notice in your reviews. If the guest was breaking the rules, you should have contacted Air BNB to facillitate the cancelllation.  Perhaps it is not too late to have the penalties removed for your cancellation.  Good luck!

hi linda ..thankyou for your help..i have just received a text ..from the guest.." Hi Thomas,I amin the process.I have changed my mobile (cell) phone number so this seems to be a bit more complicated kind regards  Janine."...what do I do..i have told them they must complete the process..."   how do I contact Airbnb.????.."    can you help me....what if they dont complete and turn up from interstate...how can I be sure ill get paid.? ..kind regards tommy