Guest cancelled

Alexander132
Level 2
New York, NY

Guest cancelled

I had a guest stay at one of my apartments - I'd actually just stayed there myself. 

She claimed that the air conditioner didnt work (I had just been there for three days, using it) and that there were bugs (I saw none in three days, tho this is Thailand, its not out of the question).

She said she checked out the same day and got a hotel.

No photos or anything have been offered.  Lots of people come to Bangkok and then decide to take off to an Island.  First she made it seem like she stayed a nght (or just that was my perception) and then said that they didnt even stay, just came , and left.  No communication before check out either.

I initially said I'd be willing to refund, and she has cancelled her stay and got a small refund.  How should I handle this? 

2 Replies 2
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Alexander132 Is the guest not satisfied with the small refund? What is her standpoint now? If a refund has already been given to her, that's all you were supposed to do. She will be able to review you anyway. 

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Alexander132

I suppose she told you about the bugs and the AC on the airbnb platform and that you have responded using the same wording as here on the forum ? That you stayed just before this guest arrived and at that time everything was in order ? If they did not stay, how could they verify that the AC did not work or spot any bugs ? Did she turn the AC on at all ? Perhaps she expected the AC to be on 24/7 ? And if she took off to an island, there will be bugs galore :))

Has anyone checked the apartment after she left ?  

If you have offered a refund in writing, then you should refund. If you do nothing and guests escalates to airbnb, airbnb will side with the guest if you have offered a refund in writing on the platform.