Guest booking for his parents, and wants to see the place first

Zoe34
Level 7
Columbia, MO

Guest booking for his parents, and wants to see the place first

Hi Airbnb Hosts 🙂  

How would you handle this: 

Hi! Zoe. I am (name hidden), a student of (place hidden). I am searching for an entire house or apartment with kitchen and one bedroom for my parents. They will stay at least those five days and may be 5 more days at the end of July. They don't wanna any shared area because they cannot speak English. I am in (place hidden) now. Could I make an appointment recently to take a look at your apartment? Thanks!

**Doesn't this sound like he is booking FOR his parents?  Isn't that not allowed per Airbnb's policy?

**And second, what do you do in the instance that a guest wants to come look at your home before they book?  

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Air BNB may not be the right way for him to find a place for his parents, @Zoe34.  As you note, this is a 3rd party booking, not allowed under the Air BNB terms.  Also, while it is understandable that he would want to see the place to help his parents, for security reasons Air BNB does not provide definite address information unless booked.  It would probably be a better match for his parents to stay in a hotel.  Make sense?

Vanessa-and-Kurt0
Level 10
Farmington, CT

I have to agree, if you cannot communicate with them because of a language barrier and Airbnb is new to them and they need their daughter to check out the place first, maybe a hotel would be a better fit.