Getting paid by airbnb

Ramiro4
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Getting paid by airbnb

Hi

I find it not very helpful that airbnb collects the payments in advance from the guest but don`t release the payment until they move in,. sometimes we have guests who stay just for a few days, they have already left and payment from airbnb still has not arrived. They should release it before they move in.

Another point is that for longer bookings airbnb says that they collect the payment on a monthly basis but guest told me that they have been charged for the whole period, airbnb still paying us the hosts in installments. I have now received a part payment for a 35 nights reservation, it arrived 4 days after the guest checked in, and i have no idea when i will receive the remaining payment.

1 Reply 1
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

Hi @Ramiro4, I'm afraid that's just the way the system works. Because I am paid by Bank Transfer, in 75+ sets of guests I have never had payment until several days after each guest has left. But if your payout method is PayPal it is quicker. https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/425/when-do-i-get-paid