Getting an official confirmation of my stay

Andrei13
Level 2
Phuket, Thailand

Getting an official confirmation of my stay

I need an official letter of confirmation of my current address for gettig a visa, something similar to a rental contract or a hotel's letter of confirmation. Can I get something for my Airbnb booking?

28 Replies 28
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Print the comfirmation you received from AirBnB when you made the booking.

David

That document wouldn't be accepted by the government officials. It doesn't have any legal power.

@Andrei13

Hi - you cannot get anything other than your booking confirmation. 

I am unclear as to why a hotel booking would suffice, but not an AirBnB booking. Any visa I have applied for in the past for various countries from Russia to the US have just required a copy of the booking confirmation.

Hotel's confirmation letters have attributes that appeal to the government officials - a company stamp, etc.

I have visited over 30 Countries and have never needed such a thing, which Country are you looking to visit?

David

Well, it must be nice to have a passport of a first-class country.

However, if you aren't a citizen of the US, Canada or EU, you must provide the proof of stay documents to get a visa, as well as a police clearance certificate and a bank statement and onward/returns tickets, in most cases. And in most countries in the world.

I am familar with some countries processes, certainly not all and they are of course all different.

If you do not want to share fine, but you may be worrying about something that is not needed.

I have never been to Russia, my Mother has, and I know they can be a pain with documentation.

David

The country doesn't really matter in this case, but the "proof of address" document is among the requirements on the official immigration website. And from my previous experience, the bureaucrats are very rarely happy with documents that don't have any stamps or signatures on them.

In that case you need to book through a source that will provide such documentation.

David

Agreed. One more argument against using Airbnb, then.

AirBnB is just a booking service, if it is like how I understand the Russian situation to be, you need to book through the larger hotels who are used to doing this.

I know you do not need this for the US or the UK, Canada and Schenegen not certain but do not think so. But there are a lot of countries out there.

David

It is required for Schengen and Canada, as well for UK toruist visa, and Schengen countries are especially picky about it. Some people even had their visas revoked when they cancelled their hotel booking (which confirmation they presented when getting a visa) and stayed in another place.

Your Airbnb reservation confirmation will have the Airbnb logo on it if that's what you're looking for.  It's an official document and an official company.

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/documents-you-must-provide

UK requirements

I can not see such a requirement for Schenegen.

David