Friend can't find my listing when he is logged into his ABNB account

Rhonda58
Level 4
Donegal, Ireland

Friend can't find my listing when he is logged into his ABNB account

Hi fellow hosts,

My listing was set on"instant booking" and through that setting, I was able to receive one booking.

Then, some friends contacted me directly on my personal email to say they wanted to book the cottage.  I said I wanted to offer them a special price and sent them the link to my booking.  

After that, I turned off the instant booking from my listing so that I could enable the "special offer" function.

My friends then logged into their own account and tried to find my listing.  Even using every parameter available (name of my listing, my name, location of cottage, dates, etc.) they still could not find the listing when they were logged into their account. (They have made other reservations on ABNB using their account.)

The only way they could find my listing was when they were NOT logged into their account! So, they tried to make a booking this way, but ABNB requested that they once again send in a government id (even though my listing doesn't require a government id). My friends don't want to go through the whole registration process again nor do they want the ABNB app on their phone.

My friends have been trying to book for 45 minutes without success! Can you imagine how impossible this situation is going to be for someone less motivated to make a booking? Truly an appalling situation for us hosts.

My question to my fellow hosts:

Why can't someone find a listing when they are logged into their account?  Has anyone else heard of this happening?

Thanks for any help.

Here's my listing if that helps:  https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18664935?s=51

4 Replies 4
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Rhonda58

It sounds like your friend's profile does not meet your booking requirements. Are they fully verified ?

@Marit-Anne0, thanks for your reply.  Actually, I contacted Air BnB's help desk and a wonderful woman, Pavla, figured out that the problem was the address of my listing didn't match the actual GPS location.  She's sorted it!  Brava to Pavla!

Could you say a little more please?
I have friends trying to find mine, too...

thanks.

Our cottage is located in a rural part of Ireland where there are few road names. I had used GPS coordinates. Paula found that the coordinates weren’t correct. She fixed this and that solved the problem.