First Booking

First Booking

Hi everyone 

I am new to this and have just recieved my first 2 bookings. What kind of information do I send the guests once Ive approved the request for accomodation and how far in advance would you do this?

Kind Regards

Stef

5 Replies 5
Valorie0
Level 1
Springfield, MO

Hi Stef! Congrats on your first bookings! I'm pretty new but have found that guests appreciate if I reach out soon after booking to confirm, ask time of arrival and give our address. I usually contact again at least 24 hours before to give any addiotional info, parking instructions etc. I don't think you can over communicate. 

Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10
Rochester, WA

First of all, Congrats!  My husband and I planned and worked on our 2nd home for a year before we listed with Airbnb.  I spent months reading this website and this Help Community.  I can't encourage that enough - I think we succeeded right off the bat due, in part, to the lessons learned and the great info I found on this jam-packed website.  There is all kinds of information.  Plus, make sure and sign up for the newsletter and read the emails - they're jammed with info.  I purchased paperback books and learned from others about what people would want to know, and so right off the bat, people weren't having to ask me questions, because I was telling them.  It does take preparation and work to do a great job, but with some effort you can learn how to do it here, and maybe a paperback or two.  Good Luck!

@Lois-and-Darryl0, what newsletter? how do I sign up for that? I'm new to this too and are trying to read as much as I could in this forum. Thanks.

I always welcome my guest, thank them for choosing my lisiting. I also ask if there are any food or diatary related allergies because I often will bake something for my guests. Where to park and which door to use to enter. I don't send my address because they get that when they book.

And yes, please read all you can.

Thankyou for all your replies. Its been very hectic organising this. First guest coming friday but hasnt responded to my message. Ive decided to change my cancellation policy to moderate. Can now see that being to flexible could work against me.

Stef