False Low rating left by non-guest

Catherine288
Level 1
Bristow, VA

False Low rating left by non-guest

I had a guest book with me for her very 1st Air BnB visit who ended up canceling last minute due to complications on her side. She didn't understand nor read the cancellation policy rules and was irritated to learn she could not receive a refund. Hence she left me  low negative rating but never actually stayed with me.   I'd like to know how this rating or the rating system can be changed for situations like this?

3 Replies 3
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Contact AirBnB - they will alwasy remove a review from a person who has not stayed. It's clear in their policy that only if a person stays can they leave a review.

I know this is an old message on this Community thread, but I came here looking for EXACTLY this.  An unexpected ice storm made it so one of my guests (a first time Airbnb-er as well) was never able to check in, yet she left me a huge long paragraph terrible review and gave me 1 star.  It's greatly affecting my ratings, but MOST places (hotels, Airbnb, B&Bs, etc.) will not allow you to get a refund on the same day you were supposed to check in...

@Zoe34 "An unexpected ice storm" 

You can contact AirBnB and have the review removed because the guest did not stay BUT AirBnB may refund the guest due to extenuating circumstances https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1320/what-is-airbnb-s-extenuating-circumstances-policy

ETA: This happened two months ago and you are just now making a complaint...I doubt AirBnB is going to do anything about it since it was two months ago. I would not worry about your review since it is already buried and your rating is 4.5 stars. Look at the bright side you got money (including the cleaning fee) and the guest did not stay.