Expired request yet guest needs to stay

Felex0
Level 1
Kampala, Uganda

Expired request yet guest needs to stay

After the preapproved request expired, the guest has sent me a message that she wants to come and stay. the problem is, she cant manage to pay to Airbnb and she was suggesting to pay on arrival. Has this ever happened to any other host and what did you do?

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Felex0 ,

Such payments are a violation of Airbnb terms. The guest should resolve payment issues with Airbnb.

Best regards, Emiel

Hi Emiel,

Thank you very much for this advice. It is useful and will help me make a decision about this issue. 

@Felex0

If she can't manage to pay Airbnb now, I doubt she will be able to pay what she owes upon arrival. Without paying first, the guest cannot expect the host to just keep the room empty and ready for a guest who may or may not show up. It seems too much like a scam to me...... I would just forget that guest and move on~

Dear Jessicca and Henry,

I have got this and many other helpful ideas about this client. I thank you very much for the support. As a new host, this kind of information is very suseful for now and for the future of hosting. 

I will definately make my room available and Move on so that i dont violate Airbnb rulsa but also get a problem with a client.