Edit mode stays live when the listing is public & on facebook, can't write tags on photos,

Nina244
Level 1
Saint-Martin-des-Bois, France

Edit mode stays live when the listing is public & on facebook, can't write tags on photos,

I have newly listed my property.  it has gone public with the edit option still live and same happens when I upload to Facebook. I am advised to tag my photos but when I click the tag button alist of options come up and then dont register. Can I write my own tags . If so how please?

Cheers

Nina

4 Replies 4

@Nina244, your listing only looks like it is editable because you are looking at it when you are logged into your AirBnB account.

If you log out, or use an entirely different browser, or open a new Private Window and go to your listing, you will see that the public cannot edit it.

Nina244
Level 1
Saint-Martin-des-Bois, France

Thanks for your reply Matthew. When I look for a booking as a traveller I put airbnb.com into google. Then  i open airbnb.com and put in the name of the village where my property is listed. My listing appears but when I open it "to make a booking" the name comes up complete with edit mode in brackets. When I click on that, it allows complete editing of the listing....

re tags - when I click on the red tag underneath the pictures, a blue tag opyion appears on the left. When I click on that it offers a drop down list of choices; when I tick one of these it doesn't appear under the picture

When I scroll down to the end of my listing in Host mode, it offers the option to load it to Facebook etc but when this was chosen it loaded with the edit mode live!!

This is driving me crazy!

@Nina244, well, when you are browsing as a traveler, you are still definitely logged into your AirBnB account. As long as you are logged into AirBnB, you will be able to edit your listing.

Please know that no one else sees the Editing stuff. I just visited your listing and it looks completely normal. I cannot edit anything on it.

As far at the "photo tags" go... I am not sure at all what you are talking about. What are photo tags? I know there are tags in this community, but I don't know what you are referring to when you mention photo tags.

Do you mean the photo captions?

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Nina244,

When I check my own listing it appears that it's as @Matthew285 says. You should make sure that you're logged out of your Airbnb account when you search for your listing.

When I go to airbnb.com and find my own listing in Limerick in Ireland it has "edit listing" in brackets as you refer to. You can see that, and the profile photo in the top right meaning that I'm logged in, in the first screen shot below.

When I'm logged out I don't see my profile photo or the "edit listing" link. That's shown in the second screen shot below.

To log out, click on your profile photo and then select "Log out" from the menu.

Screenshot (18).png

The screen shot below is when logged out and it doesn't have the "Edit listing" link.

Screenshot (19).png