Does anyone use Facebook ads/Google ads?

Does anyone use Facebook ads/Google ads?

Hi,

Have any of you used Facebook or Google ads?

Did they work for you? Did you get more inquiries/bookings because of these?

Would be interested to know.

Thanks!

JAKE

24 Replies 24

@Rebecca181 what is your facebook page for your airbnb if i may ask. I want to develop my own and would love to see yours as reference.

Tara-and-Jim0
Level 2
Idyllwild-Pine Cove, CA

I'm trying this out as well this week. I'm using Google ads - targeted a pretty narrow demographic set - and located in an 2-3 hour driving distance from our property (that includes LA and San Diego for us). So far it has increased our Airbnb page views 3-4X per day. Haven't received any new bookings so far, but I was hoping that maybe the increased page views would influence the ranking in Airbnb search.

Does anyone know if that is true? It has been a fun experiment and I've set my daily budget at $5 🙂

(currently trying to figure out if there is a way to add a picture to the ad.

Good luck everyone!

@Tara-and-Jim0 

I was looking into this exact same strategy. I feel that with the way the internet revolves around traffic these page views will convert over time. 

keep me posted on how yours is playing out. 

orion 

I ran the ad for 2 months. It really increased the listing page views (ended up with nearly 900 views / month vs ~300 before). We ended up booking every weekend, which seems like a slight increase - but this could also just be because a major road to the town that had been closed recently reopened. I have paused the ads for now and will see if business dies down. (I had set $5/day limit but that still adds up)
I did notice that Daily 1st page impressions count was really high when the ad was running. 
I think with just 1 property there really is not enough data to make meaningful decisions on this.  The Daily 1st page impressions count is way down this month, but that may be because we blocked the property for our own use for the holidays. 

Did you use “AirBnB” in the ad?  I’m thinking of running  google ads for my page but I’m assuming it won’t allow trademarked terms in the description.

Tara-and-Jim0
Level 2
Idyllwild-Pine Cove, CA

I didn't write "AirBnb" in the ad, but the link goes directly to our Airbnb listing - and we use Airbnb keywords. I don't think AirBnb minds since they benefit from this (free advertising for them)

Beth248
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Hello - has anyone tried to run FB ads with the new "special ad category" that affects rental properties?  I'm trying to boost a page for a rental outside of US but since I'm US based I guess that I'm affected by it. I hope the Airbnb folks connect with FB and maybe come up with a work around or a how to video Based on how I understand it - you a have to make your ad available to everyone ages 18 - 65 and can only target by city and no interest.  So you can wind up targeting 19 Million people.  Grateful for any advice.

I've been trying to do this and pick my audience but I keep getting rejected. I don't really understand why a hotel can do this but a short-term rental - hotel-like - can't. Has anybody been able to run an ad on FB and select its audience for an Airbnb? Would love some tips!

Hey @Beth248   I’ve been wondering this same thing! I run a Video Production Company and create High-End Real Estate Videos and was going to do one for my Air BnB BUT I’m worried it’ll fall under the “Housing” category and do exactly what you said.

Have you tried it yet?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can’t add videos to your Airbnb listing @Dylan209