Does anyone know if there are any extra rules or laws pertaining to AirBNB hosts in Bath, England?

Celia32
Level 1
Farmborough, United Kingdom

Does anyone know if there are any extra rules or laws pertaining to AirBNB hosts in Bath, England?

Hi I am thinking of renting out a room in my house , and also an entire flat in a converted out building. Are there any rules or laws that cause problems with this?

2 Replies 2
Harry22
Level 10
Athens, Greece

hey @Celia32,

You will probably find more precise and recent information by looking for a local community of hosts.

Something like a facebook group of hosts in your area.

I found this with a quick google search, maybe it will help you out to get your question to the right people: http://thebathmagazine.co.uk/dont-go-live-meet-baths-airbnb-hosts/

Let us know what the Bath situation is in this post afterwards, so that the answer is also in these forums.

Regards, 

Harry

Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

There is a converted out house in Windermere proably the smallest entire place ever.

There maybe planning restrictions or covanents which stop you short term letting. We looked at a flat where you could not holiay let. All new properties within the National Park, both new build and converstion or local occupancy.