Do you find star rating for guests more accurate than reviews?

Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

Do you find star rating for guests more accurate than reviews?

I see that star ratings for guests are visible now in their reservations. I have looked into some previous guests' star ratings, and I find them more acccurate than their reviews. For example, I was puzzled by a previous guest's all-positive reviews and his actual behaviour here, and then when I checked his stars, he had received all 4-4.5 stars in every category--communication, observance of house rules, and cleanliness. Star ratings also help me learn what to expect of an upcoming guest. 

12 Replies 12

I have a guest reservation but I do not see a rating anywhere ...

I have just looked at the profiles for my current guests,

and I cannot see any star ratings of them.

How do you see the star ratings?

@Matthew285 @Gregory90 ratings are only shown to IB hosts -- it is an incentive to push more to use that system

Thanks for your response...

I am a new host. 

I have signed up as an IB host.

But when I'm instantly booked I cannot find a review of the guest. 

So I asked the guest who booked the dates to provide a link to their reviews. No response as of yet from the guest.

Hm. I am an Instant Book host.

I must be doing something wrong.

I just checked the profile pages of my two next upcoming guests,

and while I see their reviews, I don't see any star ratings.

Do I have to click on something within their profile page?

Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

@Matthew285

No you don't have to click anything. The star ratings are just on the left bottom side of the webpage. 

@Huaai0, thanks for the quick response!

I am looking at the lower left and not seeing any stars ratings.

(Just the "Linked Accounts" or "Verified Info". Or at the very bottom the Language and Currency pop-up menus.)

I think I'll ask someone at AirBnB about this.

They may be able to shed some light on what it going on.

Our current guest sent me a messsage via the AirBnB system, and I now realize that the one place I can see the ratings is in the sidebar of the message window on the AirBnB web site.

In the sidebar on the left side of the window, near the bottom where it says "About this guest" it has their name, a link to their reviews, the city they are from, then their Star Rating with link to the details.

Is this the only place it appears for other people? (In the message window)

Does it appear in anywhere else for other hosts?

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Huaai0 yes, I concur, many host's reviews are generic and not terribly helpful

Huaai0
Level 10
British Columbia, Canada

@Kelly149

Basically those reviews are useless. All positive things, everyone is a joy to host. And "checking out on time" becomes a merit. I recently had a guest who did nto lock my house door at least 6 times. I approached him twice because for these two times he was the only one in the house and it couldn't be anyone else. But, signs, messages, emails, laminated sheets...did NOT work, and he made the same mistake again and again... Should I give him a wonderful review? A joy to host? a wonderful guest? Respectful? No way. If he makes the same mistake multiple times at my place, I'm pretty sure he will do the same at the next bnb... And imagine his next host is an elderly widowed single woman, no kids, no pets, living in a big house in Brooklyn, lots of street people around...policemen and gangsters exchanging gun fire around the corner, and he does not lock her house door habitually on a daily basis...

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

I have IB every body is diffent to rating and review and how good you are as will as guest plus the rules you know what I mean is about how you treat others and how they treat you come on now 

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

I see Airbnb is not for everybody but they do love the money no body wants to talk about it what is Host and Guest mean to you do you love it or hate it but one thing I will said this isn't a holtel we are a Host